Rice Cream With Pineapple
|Fresh pineapple/1 large can pineapple slices||1|
|Kirsch||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|For rice cream|
|Rice grain||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Pineapple juice/Syrup from canned pineapple / water||3 Tablespoon, canned|
|Double cream||4 Fluid Ounce, lightly whipped (1 Carton)|
|For sugar syrup|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Pint|
|Granulated sugar||4 1⁄2 Ounce|
1) Grease the mould.
2) Prepare the rice cream.
3) In a strainer, wash the rice till all starch is clear.
4) In a saucepan, add rice, milk and the vanilla pod and simmer over moderate heat till the grains are tender and the milk is almost absorbed.
5) Ensure mix appears creamy and not dry.
6) Discard the pod.
7) In the rice mix, add sugar and when a little cool, add in the egg yolk.
8) In a bowl, add pineapple juice (or syrup, or water) and the gelatin.
9) Over gentle heat let the gelatin dissolve and then add to the rice.
10) Allow mix to substantially cool, then gently fold in the whipped cream.
11) Transfer into moulds and stand in a cool place till set.
12) Cut out the pineapple skin and slice and core.
13) In 1/2 pint of water, soak the washed peel and core for sugar syrup, and for about 30 minutes for flavor.
14) Strain and add this water to the sugar.
15) Dissolve the sugar and boil on high for 2 minutes.
16) Add in the pineapple and poach for 10-15 minutes.
17) Cool and drain the pineapple and flavor with kirsch.
18) For canned pineapple, drain and without cooking, flavor with kirsch.
19) Turn out the rice cream on a serving dish and decorate with pineapple slices.
20) Before serving, top with glace, crystallised, or candied fruit and cream.