Bread And Butter Pudding With A Twist
|White bread loaf||1 (stale bread is better)|
|Unsalted butter||9 Ounce (250 g)|
|Castor sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||20 Ounce (600 ml)|
|Vanilla essence/Vanilla pods- 2||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
1. Cut the bread into triangles and then remove the crusts
2. Butter the bread on both sides and then layer them in a shallow baking tin. Dust the bread with castor sugar
3. Butter a baking tin and layer the bread on the bottom of the tin.
4. Sprinkle ½ the raisins and ½ the chocolate on top of the bread layer.
5. In another bowl, tip in the 6 egg yolks and beat them well
6. Add 4 tablespoons of sugar and beat well again
7. In a saucepan, heat the milk with vanilla and cinnamon and bring to the boil. Remove the vanilla pods and the cinnamon bark when the cooking process is done.
8. Add the hot milk to the egg mixture and beat gently. Make sure that the eggs do not curdle.
9. Tip this mixture over the bread in the baking tray and wet all the layers
10. Bake in a low oven 150° C for 30 to 40 minutes till the top of the pudding is brown and crisped through.
11. Serve hot or cold.