Bread and Butter Pudding with A Twist
|White bread loaf||1 (stale bread is better)|
|Unsalted butter||9 Ounce (250 g)|
|Castor sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||20 Ounce (600 ml)|
|Vanilla essence/Vanilla pods- 2||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
1. Cut the bread into triangles and then remove the crusts
2. Butter the bread on both sides and then layer them in a shallow baking tin. Dust the bread with castor sugar
3. Butter a baking tin and layer the bread on the bottom of the tin.
4. Sprinkle ½ the raisins and ½ the chocolate on top of the bread layer.
5. In another bowl, tip in the 6 egg yolks and beat them well
6. Add 4 tablespoons of sugar and beat well again
7. In a saucepan, heat the milk with vanilla and cinnamon and bring to the boil. Remove the vanilla pods and the cinnamon bark when the cooking process is done.
8. Add the hot milk to the egg mixture and beat gently. Make sure that the eggs do not curdle.
9. Tip this mixture over the bread in the baking tray and wet all the layers
10. Bake in a low oven 150° C for 30 to 40 minutes till the top of the pudding is brown and crisped through.
11. Serve hot or cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4096 Calories from Fat 2317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 259 g397.7%
Saturated Fat 151.3 g756.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1715.9 mg572%
Sodium 2550.1 mg106.3%
Total Carbohydrates 371 g123.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.2%
Sugars 133.6 g
Protein 65 g130.8%
Vitamin A 169.2% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 90.6% Iron 40.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet