|Caster sugar||5 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop (optional)|
1) Grease the pie dish with butter.
2) In a saucepan, add milk and lemon rind if using, and scald.
3) In a bowl, combine the eggs and yolks and whisk without allowing to get frothy.
4) Mix in the sugar and if using then, vanilla and blend into the milk.
5) Discard the lemon rind and strain custard into the pie dish.
6) On the surface drizzle the butter and sprinkle a little nutmeg.
7) Place the dish in a bain-marie and bake at 350-375°F or Mark 4-5 for 35-40 minutes.
8) The pudding should have a well browned top and should be just firm enough.
9) Serve hot or cold with a garnish of lemon rind.