Nutty Apple Pudding
|Tart apples||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), flaked|
|Golden raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Wholewheat bread slice||7|
|Light brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to the temperature of 425°.
2) Peel apples and core them.
3) Grease an ovenproof dish with some of the butter.
4) In a saucepan, put the apples, add water, almonds and raisins.
5) Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
6) Remove the pan from heat.
7) In a bowl, crumble the bread and mix in half the sugar.
8) At the bottom of the greased dish, spread half the bread mixture.
9) Cover with apple mixture, then top with remaining bread.
10) Sprinkle on rest of sugar and dot with remaining butter.
11) Bake for about 20 minutes.
12) Serve the apple pudding with cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2432 Calories from Fat 765
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.3%
Saturated Fat 33.3 g166.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 1071.1 mg44.6%
Total Carbohydrates 382 g127.2%
Dietary Fiber 28.5 g114.1%
Sugars 247.2 g
Protein 40 g79.3%
Vitamin A 28.1% Vitamin C 1597.9%
Calcium 93.1% Iron 59.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet