Fruity Rice Pudding
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon rind strip||4|
|Round grain rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Apples||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Maraschino cherries||4 Ounce (1 bottle)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat oven to the temperature of 350°.
2) Peel and slice the apples and bananas.
3) Drain the cherries.
4) In a saucepan, put the milk, pinch of salt and strips of lemon rind and boil the mixture.
5) Add the rice to the pan.
6) Cover and cook for 40 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
7) In a saucepan, melt the butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar until golden brown.
8) To the pan, add the apples and cook for 5 minutes, then add the bananas and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
9) Sprinkle cinnamon on the fruits, then add drained cherries and chopped walnuts.
10) Remove pan from heat, put mixture into a greased ovenproof dish and smooth over.
11) Work quickly in order to avoid caramalization of the mixture.
12) In two bowls, separate the eggs.
13) In one bowl, cream together the yolks and 2 tbsp sugar.
13) In another bowl, beat the whites and remaining sugar together until mixture is very stiff.
14) Fold both mixtures into the cooked rice (take out the lemon rind first) then pour over the fruit.
15) Bake for 30 minutes.
16) Serve the hot rice pudding with cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2786 Calories from Fat 846
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.3%
Saturated Fat 36.5 g182.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 766.7 mg255.6%
Sodium 895.8 mg37.3%
Total Carbohydrates 449 g149.7%
Dietary Fiber 38 g152.2%
Sugars 284 g
Protein 63 g125.6%
Vitamin A 55.8% Vitamin C 174.4%
Calcium 115.5% Iron 44.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet