Old Time Rice Pudding
|Uncooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (not processed)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a shallow 2 1/2-quart baking dish, combine the rice, sugar, salt and nutmeg together.
3) Pour in 1 quart milk, place the dish in the oven, then pour in 1 quart of milk.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours, stirring twice during the first 1 hour.
5) Stir the brown crust into the pudding several times during rest of the baking.
6) Stir in the raisins 30 minutes before the pudding is done and allow the crust to form again.
7) Serve the Old Time Rice Pudding in individual custard bowls with the cream, if desired.