Chocolate Cheese Pudding
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|2% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Graham crackers||2 , made into fine crumbs (2 1/2 inch squares)|
|Frozen dairy whipped topping||4 Teaspoon, thawed (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)|
|Maraschino cherries||2 , cut into halves|
1. In a saucepan sprinkle gelatin over milk and let it stand, for about 1 minute to soften.
2. Cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly about 2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved, but do not boil.
3. Set aside and let cool it slightly.
4. In a blender container combine ricotta cheese, chocolate syrup, and vanilla and process on medium speed for about 1 minute or until pureed, scraping down sides of container as necessary.
5. Reduce the speed of the blender to low and gradually add milk-gelatin mixture and process until well combined.
6. Pour into four 6-ounce custard cups; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until well set.
7. Sprinkle each pudding with 1/4 of the graham cracker crumbs, then top each with 1 teaspoon whipped topping and a maraschino cherry half and serve chill.