Chocolate Cheese Pudding
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|2% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Graham crackers||2 , made into fine crumbs (2 1/2 inch squares)|
|Frozen dairy whipped topping||4 Teaspoon, thawed (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)|
|Maraschino cherries||2 , cut into halves|
1. In a saucepan sprinkle gelatin over milk and let it stand, for about 1 minute to soften.
2. Cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly about 2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved, but do not boil.
3. Set aside and let cool it slightly.
4. In a blender container combine ricotta cheese, chocolate syrup, and vanilla and process on medium speed for about 1 minute or until pureed, scraping down sides of container as necessary.
5. Reduce the speed of the blender to low and gradually add milk-gelatin mixture and process until well combined.
6. Pour into four 6-ounce custard cups; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until well set.
7. Sprinkle each pudding with 1/4 of the graham cracker crumbs, then top each with 1 teaspoon whipped topping and a maraschino cherry half and serve chill.
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.1 mg7.7%
Sodium 161 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet