Low Fat Rice Pudding
|For the fruit sauce|
|Peaches||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the rice pudding:|
|Low fat milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Jasmine rice/Brown basmati||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg/Mace||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), unsweetened|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a bowl, add peaches, honey and orange juice. Coat the peaches well with the mixture. Place in the refrigerator covered.
3) In a large saucepan, add rice and milk and allow it to come to a boil. Turn down the flame and cook covered for 15 more minutes.
4) When all the milk gets absorbed, take the saucepan off the heat.
5) Mix in lemon zest, vanilla, nutmeg, honey, evaporated milk and coconut.
6) With a fork, mix all the ingredients as well slightly masg the rice grains.
7) Transfer the rice pudding into 6 ramekins. Cover the top of each with aluminium foil. Place the ramekins in a baking tray. Pour warm water onto the tray to cover 2/3 of the ramekins.
8) Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the top of the pudding rises.
9) Let the ramekins cool down to room temperature before unmoulding.
10) Overturn the ramekins onto the serving plate.
11) Spoon a little of the fruit sauce over each.