Bread Pudding With Sliced Cheese
|Gruyere cheese slice||8|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a greased deep pie dish or a shallow 1-quart casserole, place alternate layers of bread and cheese. In each layer, ensure that the slices are overlapping. Finish the layering with cheese.
3) Combine together the milk, eggs, salt and nutmeg to taste and mix well.
4) Pour the mixture all over the bread and cheese layers.
5) In a bain-marie, stand the pie dish and bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. When done, the top layer should be golden in color and the egg and milk mixture should be set.
6) Serve Bread Pudding With Sliced Cheese hot as a side. The dish can be served whole on a decorative serving platter and sliced at the table or it can be cut into wedges beforehand and served on individual plates.