Ham And Cheese Pudding
|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Cooked ham slice||12|
|Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), freshly grated|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) With the ham slices, line a greased charlotte mold.
3) Melt the butter and blend it in the flour.
4) Add the milk very gradually and cook the mixture, stirring, till a thick and smooth sauce is made.
5) Use salt, pepper and nutmeg to season to taste. Add the cheese and stir well.
6) Take the sauce off the heat and add the eggs. Stir well.
7) Into the ham-lined mold, pour the sauce and place a foil on the mold, firmly tying it down.
8) On a rack, place the mold over boiling water in a deep kettle.
9) Cover the kettle and steam the pudding 1 ¼ hours. In case too much of the water evaporates, replenish it.
10) From the steamer, remove the mold and take the foil off.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or till the preparation has set completely.
12) Unmold on a serving platter and serve hot with the tomato sauce.