Bread Pudding With A Flair
|Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray||1 Tablespoon|
|Bread||4 Ounce, sliced 1/2 inch thick (French Or Italian)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Packed light brown sugar||9 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1/2 Cup)|
|Ripe pears||1 Pound, peeled, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced lengthwise to make 2 1/4 cups (Such As Bartlett)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|1% milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Reduced fat sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole egg||1 Large|
|Egg whites||2 Large|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
1. Place oven rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat 9 x 9 X 2-inch square glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Place bread slices on baking sheet. Toast in upper third of 350° oven until lightly crisped and golden brown, about 7 minutes. Set slices aside. Leave oven on.
2. In large skillet over medium heat, stir together lemon juice, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and butter, until mixture has melted and is bubbly, about 1 minute. Add pears and cook, tossing frequently, until tender, about 4 minutes. (Timing may vary, depending upon ripeness of pears.)
3. Layer bread and pear mixture in prepared dish.
4. In medium bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and the flour. Whisk in milk, sour cream, whole egg, egg whites, vanilla, and salt. Pour over bread and fruit. For topping: Dot top with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Bake, uncovered, in upper third of 350° oven until just set, about 35 minutes. Serve warm.
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.2 mg15.4%
Sodium 271.8 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 37 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet