|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs), scalded|
|Day old bread slices||6 , cut into 1 inch squares|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Raspberry jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 deg before baking.
2) Take a bowl and mix together milk, butter and bread in it.
3) Whisk 1 whole egg with 2 egg yolks and save other two whites for meringue.
4) Mix in 1/2 cup of sugar, salt, nutmeg, vanilla and banana slices.
5) Mix it with bread mixture.
6) Into a greased 1 1/2 qt casserole, pour the mixture.
7) Arrange casserole in a deep pan and add hot water to pan to come to within 1 inch of the top of casserole.
8) Bake the casserole for 45 min in the preheated oven until a knife inserted near one side comes out clean.
9) Take off the casserole from oven.
10) Increase the oven temperature to 425 deg.
11) Layer top of pudding with raspberry jam.
12) Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
13) Stir in remaining 1/4 cup sugar gradually and whip until mixture reaches stiff peak stage.
14) Pour meringue around edge of pudding.
15) In pan of hot water, replace casserole and again bake for about 5 min in preheated oven until meringue is golden brown.
16) Serve pudding at once either warm or chilled.
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.8 mg40.3%
Sodium 404.4 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 53.1 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet