Rice Pudding Extraordinaire
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), washed|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Teaspoon|
|Rhubarb sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), sweetened|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||4 Tablespoon|
|Slivered blanched almonds||4 Tablespoon|
1) In a small saucepan, add the rice, margarine and salt in the boiling water and simmer over a moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the water is absorbed.
2) Stir in the milk, mix well and transfer into the top of a double boiler.
3) Cover and cook over simmering water for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the milk is well absorbed and the rice is tender.
4) In a bowl, stir the gelatin in rum until softened, then stir into hot rice.
5) Stir in the vanilla, rhubarb sauce and brown sugar, blend well.
6) Refrigerate the pudding until thoroughly chilled.
7) Garnish with the slivered almonds and serve on individual serving plates.
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg2.8%
Sodium 246.8 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet