Chocolate Bread Pudding With Cherry Raspberry Sauce
|For bread pudding|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||6 Ounce (1 Bag Or 1 Cup)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , separated|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Soft bread cubes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|For cherry raspberry sauce|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned dark sweet cherries in syrup||16 Ounce, pitted and drained|
|Frozen raspberries in syrup||10 Ounce, thawed, drained, liquid reserved (1 Box)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 350ÂºF.
2) Grease 12 x 8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with shortening.
3) In large saucepan, heat chocolate chips and whipping cream stirring occasionally over medium-low heat.
4) Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar.
5) Beat in 1 egg yolk until well blended.
6) Cook the mixture until slightly thick.
7) Mix butter and vanilla and stir until smooth.
8) Take off from heat and add bread cubes.
9) In large bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. 10) Gently add remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and beat on highest speed until stiff peaks form.
11) Add egg whites into chocolate mixture.
12) Transfer into baking dish and place it on 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan.
13) Put the pan in oven and pour boiling water into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan until water is 1/2 to 3/4 inch deep.
14) Bake for 35 to 40 minutes till firm.
15) In a medium saucepan, add granulated sugar and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly.
16) Stir in reserved liquids from fruits.
17) Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
18) Let stand to cool and add the fruit.
19) Serve over warm bread pudding.
20) Store remaining bread pudding and sauce in refrigerator for later use.