Banana Eggnog Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce
|Raisin bread loaf||1 Pound, cut into cubes (1 Loaf)|
|Bananas||2 Medium, sliced|
|Eggnog||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Packed)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rum extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F.
2) Grease a 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with butter,
3) In the baking dish, put half of bread cubes.
4) Arrange banana slices and remaining bread cubes over it.
5) In a large bowl, add eggnog, eggs, granulated sugar and nutmeg. Mix together.
6) Pour the mixture over bread cubes.
7) Let stand for 5 minutes.
8) Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
9) In a small saucepan add all sauce ingredients except rum extract.
10) Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
11) Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
12) Mix rum extract.
13) Serve warm sauce over pudding.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4827 Calories from Fat 1468
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 164 g252.9%
Saturated Fat 90.4 g452%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1630.3 mg543.4%
Sodium 2121.8 mg88.4%
Total Carbohydrates 765 g254.9%
Dietary Fiber 23.5 g93.8%
Sugars 482.9 g
Protein 99 g198.9%
Vitamin A 67.3% Vitamin C 52.6%
Calcium 142.9% Iron 85.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet