Banana Eggnog Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce
|Raisin bread loaf||1 Pound, cut into cubes (1 Loaf)|
|Bananas||2 Medium, sliced|
|Eggnog||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Packed)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rum extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F.
2) Grease a 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with butter,
3) In the baking dish, put half of bread cubes.
4) Arrange banana slices and remaining bread cubes over it.
5) In a large bowl, add eggnog, eggs, granulated sugar and nutmeg. Mix together.
6) Pour the mixture over bread cubes.
7) Let stand for 5 minutes.
8) Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
9) In a small saucepan add all sauce ingredients except rum extract.
10) Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
11) Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
12) Mix rum extract.
13) Serve warm sauce over pudding.