Country Corn Pudding
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Green Onions)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|1% low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant nonfat dry milk powder||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Canned cream style corn||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
1. Start preheating the oven to 350Â° F temperature.
2. Take a 1-quart saucepan and melt margarine in it.
3. Add scallion in melted margarine and stir-fry it against medium high heat with frequent stirring method; continue the cooking method until scallions get tender, it will take around 1 minute time.
4. Drizzle flour on scallion and stir promptly to combine both ingredients properly and then cook for 1 minute with constant stirring.
5. Slowly add low fat milk and milk powder in it.
6. Trim down the flame and cook on slow flame until the mixture becomes thick in its density. Use frequent stirring method for cooking and continue it for next 5 minutes.
7. Remove the saucepan from heat and let it be cool for sometimes.
8. Now take 2 10-oz custard cups and add nonstick cooking spray on it.
9. Stir rest of the ingredients into scallion mix and pour half of the mix into each of the prepared cup.
10. Bake the cups for 45-50 minutes; insert a knife in the middle of the cup, if the knife comes out clean the baking of pudding is complete.
11. Serve the pudding in warm condition.
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.9 mg37.6%
Sodium 501.3 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 16 g32.5%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet