|Sago||2 Tablespoon (Tapioca)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sultanas)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Level Dessertspoon)|
|Butter||4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) In a bowl add milk and soak sago overnight.
2) In a saucepan boil water.
3) Butter the molds.
4) In a bowl cream butter and sugar.
5) Stir in sago and milk with soda.
6) Stir in breadcrumbs and Sultanas. Mix lightly.
7) Flavor with brandy or rum as desired.
8) Spoon into prepared mold.
9) Fasten lid or cover with paper.
10) Steam for 2 1/2 to 3 hrs.
11) Serve with hard sauce, cream or custard.