Dairy Free Bread Pudding With Raisins
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||3 Large, lightly beaten|
|Milk substitute||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk free margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|White bread||6 Cup (96 tbs), leave crust on, cubed (Slightly Dry, 10 Slices)|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 325°c.
2) In a large bowl add sugars.
3) Mix cinnamon and nutmeg into it.
4) Keep aside 2 tablespoons of the mixture.
5) Beat eggs into remaining mixture and mix.
6) Add milk substitute, water, margarine, and vanilla.
7) In a bowl, toss the bread cubes with raisins.
8) Add it to the liquid mixture.
9) Mix until bread cubes are moistened.
10) Let stand for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
11) Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
12) Put the cubes and any extra liquid into it.
13) Sprinkle reserved cinnamon and sugar mixture on top.
14) Bake for about 1 hour.
15) Serve hot.
Calories 899 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 1320.4 mg55%
Total Carbohydrates 164 g54.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 54.4 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.96%
Calcium 82.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet