Lemon Rice Pudding
|Raw rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In the top portion of a double boiler, place the water, rice, raisins, nutmeg and salt.
2) Mix thoroughly, cover and cook over boiling water for 20 minutes.
3) Stir in the milk.
4) Cook uncovered until the milk is absorbed, for about 10 minutes.
5) Now, stir in the sugar.
6) Take off heat and cool.
7) Add the lemon rind, juice and vanilla.
8) Chill until ready to serve.