Bread And Butter Pudding
|Low calorie white bread||8 (40 Calories Per Slice)|
|Reduced calorie margarine||8 Teaspoon (Tub, 2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Dark raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), evaporated|
|1% milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thawed|
|Instant non fat dry milk powder||8 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Sugar||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon, granulated (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. Apply 1/2 teaspoon margarine on both sides of each bread slice; spread remaining margarine on 3 more bread slices.
3. Stack 4 bread slices and cut diagonally into half.
4. Cut each triangle diagonally to get 16 triangles.
5. Cut the remaining bread slices to make 16 more triangles.
6. Grease 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
7. In a medium mixing bowl, place remaining ingredients except bread and raisin and beat with a wired whisk.
8. In the greased pie plate, arrange half of the bread triangles at the bottom and sides; overlap the triangles slightly.
9. Sprinkle half of the raisins over the first layer of bread.
10. Spread the remaining bread triangles and top with remaining raisins.
11. Pour the remaining ingredient mixture on the pie plate.
12. Place the pie plate in the middle of center oven rack and bake for 40 minutes until a knife or toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
13. Cool slightly, cut and serve.