Peach Meringue Pudding
|Catelli small bows||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned peach halves||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Hot)|
|Peach||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peach syrup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Orange food coloring||5 Drop|
1. In a large bowl, cook the bows for three minutes only
2. Drain and rinse with cold water
3. Drain again and set aside
4. Set aside 6 of the halves till when required
5. Chop the remaining fruit
6. In a large pan, tip in the butter and add the flour
7. Cook for two minutes
8. Add hot milk to the mix to make a thick sauce
9. Add the Kirsch, fruit syrup and the sugar
10. Mix well
11. Beat eggs well
12. Add a few tablespoons of the hot mixture to the beaten egg mixture and mix well
13. Return to the saucepan
14. Add the food coloring to the mix
15. Add the cooked bows and the chopped fruit to the mix
16. Mix well
17. Tip this into a 1 1/2 quart buttered casserole.
18. Whisk egg whites to a light, fluffy consistency.
19. Fold in sugar and beat.
20. Spoon on top of fruit mixture
21. Decorate with peach halves.
22. Bake in low oven, 325°F., 20 minutes.
23. Serve immediately