Queen Of Puddings
|White breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Lemon, rind||1 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Egg yolks||3 (Size 3)|
|Apricot jam||3 Tablespoon, warmed|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (185 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce|
1) Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas 3 before baking.
2) Take a basin and place breadcrumbs, sugar and lemon rind into it, stirring lightly to mix together.
3) In a pan, heat butter till it melts and then pour in milk.
4) Spoon this over the breadcrumb mixture, stirring well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
5) Whip egg yolks and mix it with the breadcrumb mixture.
6) Into a 2 pt (1 ltr) greased, ovenproof dish, place the mixture and bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven until firm and set.
7) Take off the cooked mixture from oven and apply warm jam.
8) Beat egg whites till they become fluffy and slowly beat in caster sugar to make a shiny meringue.
9) Top the jam with swirls of meringue and again bake for 15-20 minutes more until meringue becomes pale gold.
10) Serve the hot pudding with fresh cream.
Calories 620 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.1 mg55.4%
Sodium 283.5 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 99.7 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet