Luxury Bread And Butter Pudding
|Milk||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|White bread||6 (Thick Slices)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (50 Gram)|
|Dried apricots||2 Ounce, not soaked and chopped (50 Gram)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1) Preheat oven 350°F/180°C/Gas 4 before baking.
2) Skin the rind from the orange thinly with a potato peeler.
3) Take a shallow 2 1/2 pt (1.4 ltr) ovenproof dish and lightly grease it with butter.
4) Apply butter and marmalade over each slice of bread.
5) Discard the crusts and slice the pieces of bread into 24 triangles.
6) In a saucepan, mix together rind, milk and cream.
7) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then take it off from heat.
8) Keep aside the mixture for about 20 minutes to allow blending of flavors.
9) Strain and remove the orange rind, leaving aside the milk to cool.
10) In a bowl, allow apricots and sultanas to be soaked in brandy.
11) Sprinkle the soaked fruit over the base of the prepared dish.
12) Top with triangles of bread in rows and add in cinnamon.
13) Beat eggs and sugar until they become pale and creamy.
14) Form a smooth custard mixture by slowly adding in the infused milk.
15) Spoon this custard mixture over the bread, allowing the triangles to absorb the custard by pressing them.
16) Keep the mixture for 15 minutes.
17) Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven until mixture is set and crust is golden.
18) Serve the pudding hot with cream.