Eggless Chocolate Pudding Cake
|Caster sugar||5 1⁄2 Ounce (165 Gram)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||6 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Semi skimmed milk||4 Fluid Ounce (12.5 Centiliter)|
|Safflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shelled walnuts||1 Ounce, chopped (30 Gram)|
|Light brown sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a 23 cm (9 inch) pie dish; grease it lightly with butter and then dust it with cocoa powder.
2) In a bowl, sift together 100 g (3 1/2 oz) of caster sugar, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and the remaining dry ingredients except brown sugar and icing sugar.
3) Pour in milk, oil and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract and mix well until well-combined.
4) Mix in walnuts and then layer the pie dish with this cake batter evenly.
5) Combine remaining caster sugar, remaining 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and brown sugar.
6) Add in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 litre (8 fl oz) of water, stirring well.
7) Top this over the batter in the pie dish.
8) Cook the cake in microwave for 18 to 20 minutes on medium (50 per cent power), turning the dish by a quarter for every 3 minutes.
9) Sprinkle the cake with icing sugar and serve warm.