Beet Bread Pudding
|Rye bread loaf with seeds||14 Ounce, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (Use 1 Small Loaf)|
|Beets||12 Ounce, roasted, peeled|
|Homemade chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs), defatted|
|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Teaspoon (For The Pan)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh dill||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Finely grated orange zest||1 (From 1 Fruit)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Optional)|
1. Lightly toast rye bread and let dry at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Grate roasted beets coarsely and keep aside.
3. In a bowl, tear bread pieces coarsely and add chicken broth and raisins; mix well.
4. Let it soak for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 325°F
6. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with butter.
7. In another large mixing bowl, whisk eggs with sugar, dill, orange zest, salt, and pepper together.
8. Gently fold egg mixture into the soaked bread mixture.
9. In the greased baking dish, evenly spread half of the bread mixture.
10. Spread grated beets evenly over the bread mixture.
11. Top with remaining bread mixture over the beets; spread evenly.
12. Finally spread the remaining egg mixture evenly to form the top layer.
13. Place the dish in the center of the oven.
14. Bake for 40 minutes until lightly golden and set.
15. Let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
16. Cut equally into 12 squares.
17. Top with a dollop of sour cream.
18. Serve at room temperature.