Tapioca Rum Pudding With Orange
|Egg||1 , separated (The White At Room Temperature)|
|Semi skimmed milk||16 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Liter)|
|White rum||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant tapioca||4 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||5 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) Skin and segment the oranges, keeping them aside for garnishing.
2) In a 2 litre (3 1/2 pint) glass bowl, beat together egg yolk, milk and rum.
3) Mix in tapioca, 3 tablespoons of sugar, orange rind and salt and then keep aside the mixture for 5 minutes to help tapioca soften.
4) Cook the mixture in microwave for 6 to 8 minutes on high, stopping to beat it three or four times, until it becomes thick and then take off the bowl from oven.
5) Take a bowl and beat egg white in it until it reaches soft peak stage.
6) Slowly beat in remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar until the meringue forms stiff peaks.
7) Combine about one third of the meringue with the tapioca mixture to lighten it and then slowly mix in the remaining meringue.
8) Take six dessert cups; pour the pudding into it and then cool them in refrigerator for approximately 1 hour.
9) Using a few orange segments, garnish each pudding and serve them cold.