Holiday Snowball Pudding
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mincemeat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut snowballs||6 (For Decoration)|
1) Onto a wax paper, sift the salt, baking powder and flour.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, cream the margarine or butter with brown sugar and beat in the egg.
3) alternately with the milk, add the flour mixture. Beat well after each addition. Fold in the mincemeat, walnuts and breadcrumbs.
4) Into a well-buttered 4-cup mold, pour the concoction and cover with foil, double thickness of wax paper or transparent wrap. Use string to fasten and hold tightly.
5) In a kettle or steamer, place the mold on a trivet or racj and pour in boiling water to ½ the depth of the mold. Cover tightly.
6) Steam for about 1 hour or till a long and thin metal skewer emerges clean when inserted in the center. Ensure that the water is boiling gently during the entire cooking time. Add more if water if required.
7) In the mold, allow the pudding to cool for about 5 minutes. Use a knife to loosen around the edges and turn out onto a serving plate.
8) Serve as preferred after framing with coconut snowballs and topping with holly sprigs.