Dried Corn Pudding
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs), dried|
|Parsley||1 , chopped|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
1. In a medium saucepan, soak corn in boiling water and let stand covered for 1 hour.
2. Grease a 6-cup or 2 quart baking dish or pudding mold with butter.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a shallow pan filled with 1 inch water on the middle level of oven while it is heating.
4. To the soaked corn, add sugar, salt, and butter or margarine
5. Bring to a boil before reducing heat and simmering, covered for 30 minutes.
6. Add milk and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes
7. Drain liquid into a 1/2cup measure, adding more milk if short.
8. While corn is boiling, in a small dry bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
9. Beat egg yolks in a large bowl.
10. Add corn mixture, 1/2 cup liquid and pepper to the egg yolks and stir to blend.
11. When cooled, fold in beaten egg whites.
12. Turn corn mixture into greased baking dish.
13. Place dish in hot water bath in hot oven and bake for 45 minutes, until a skewer inserted in center, comes out clean.
14. Remove dish from oven and stand for 5 minutes.
15. Serve the pudding hot.