|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White bread slice||12|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
1. Remove stalks from currants and cherries
2. Use a small sharp paring knife to stone the cherries and place in a colander with raspberries.
3. Rinse the fruit and drain.
4. Slice crusts of bread slices and cut each into half.
5. Grease a 6 cup soufflé or Charlotte mold.
6. In a large heavy enameled saucepan combine fruits, water and sugar.
7. Place on a medium flame and heat to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
8. Boil just until fruit is soft and liquid is syrupy.
9. Line sides and base greased mold with bread halves, trimming the excess at the rim.
10. Spoon the fruit mixture into the mold.
11. Cover fruit mixture with remaining bread halves.
12. Weigh pudding down with a heavy flat plate
13. Refrigerate overnight to set and chill.
14. Loosen sides of pudding with tip of knife and invert onto a serving plate, lightly and sharply tapping the mold to unmold the pudding.
15. Top with whipped cream or serve on the side.
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.3%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg1.2%
Sodium 222.4 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.2%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 73.8%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet