|Choux pastry||1 (Use 1 Quantity)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Icing sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate cream sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use As Required For Serving)|
1) Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas 7 before baking.
2) Take a large shallow baking tray; grease it and then place it under cold running water, shaking off any surplus water.
3) On this prepared tray, pipe or spoon 20 equal amounts of choux pastry, well apart from each other and bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven until the pastry becomes golden and well puffed.
4) Take them off from the oven and slit each bun.
5) Place them back to oven and bake for a further 5 minutes.
6) Keep the buns on a wire rack to allow cooling.
7) Fill the buns with whipped cream and sprinkle with icing sugar one hour before serving.
8) Serve at once with luke warm chocolate cream sauce.
When cooked, choux buns can be open frozen and packed up to 3 months in rigid containers.
Defroze and cook till crisp in a hot oven for 2 minutes when required.
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.7 mg9.2%
Sodium 67.7 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.48 g1.9%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.3% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet