Orange Rice Cream
|Regular rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Seedless oranges||1⁄2 Medium|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a double boiler, combine rice, salt, and water and heat over direct flame for 20 minutes till the rice is cooked and tender.
2. In a small cup, squeeze half an orange juice. Do not discard the peel. Cut the peel into very fine measures or shavings of 2 tablespoons. Add to the orange juice.
3. In a medium size bowl, beat eggs, adding sugar, raisins, milk and vanilla. Blend well.
4. Add the egg mixture and the orange mixture to the rice in the double boiler. Mixing well and allow to simmer for a while.
5. Divide the rice into 6 serving dishes, with a sprinkle of nutmeg on top.
6. Serve cold or warm. Garnish with coriander leaves