Steamed Jam Pudding
|Self raising flour||3 Ounce|
|Milk||2 Tablespoon (To Mix)|
|Red jam||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Dessert Spoon)|
|For the sauce|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Grease a 1-1 1/2 pint pudding basin with butter. Keep it aside.
2) In a square paper sift flour.
3) In a bowl cream butter and sugar lightly. Beat in lightly mixed egg, gently adding sieved flour and mix well.
4) Blend in remaining flour and h milk to mix into medium soft consistency.
5) In the pudding basin make a layer of red jam and spoon sponge mixture on top.
6) Cover with double thickness of greased greaseproof paper in a pleat and tie tightly. Secure with a cover of extra square of kitchen foil.
7) Steam for 1 hour. Discard papers.
8) Prepare jam sauce in a small saucepan with jam, sugar and water and boil till the sugar dissolves and it becomes into syrupy consistency.
9) Serve immediately with jam sauce.