Steamed Jam Pudding
|Self raising flour||3 Ounce|
|Milk||2 Tablespoon (To Mix)|
|Red jam||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Dessert Spoon)|
|For the sauce|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Grease a 1-1 1/2 pint pudding basin with butter. Keep it aside.
2) In a square paper sift flour.
3) In a bowl cream butter and sugar lightly. Beat in lightly mixed egg, gently adding sieved flour and mix well.
4) Blend in remaining flour and h milk to mix into medium soft consistency.
5) In the pudding basin make a layer of red jam and spoon sponge mixture on top.
6) Cover with double thickness of greased greaseproof paper in a pleat and tie tightly. Secure with a cover of extra square of kitchen foil.
7) Steam for 1 hour. Discard papers.
8) Prepare jam sauce in a small saucepan with jam, sugar and water and boil till the sugar dissolves and it becomes into syrupy consistency.
9) Serve immediately with jam sauce.
Calories 459 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.2 mg56.1%
Sodium 587.6 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet