Individual Steak And Kidney Puddings
|Flour||1 Tablespoon, seasoned|
|Dripping/Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄4 Pint|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce, trimmed and chopped|
|For suet pastry|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Shredded beef suet||3 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed For Mixing)|
1) Trim fat from the meat and cut in small cubes.
2) Preheat moderate oven (355°F. Gas Mark 4)
3) Dredge meat in seasoned flour and brown in hot fat.
4) Sprinkle some seasoned flour. Add onion and pour the hot stock.
5) Boil and then add mushrooms. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Take the pan off heat.
6) To prepare suet pastry, sift flour and salt in a basin.
7) Mix in suet and add enough water to make a firm dough.
8) Lightly dust a surface and knead the dough in it. Separate in two portions.
9) Butter a 1/3-pint pudding basin and roll each piece of dough out to a covering the base.
10) Cut out a quarter of the circle. Keep remaining for the lids.
11) Line the bottom with remaining dough and seal the edges together.
12) Spoon little of the cooked meat mixture and a little gravy on it.
13) Roll the remaining pastry pieces, damp the edges and cover the puddings.
14) Seal the edges and cover with double-thickness greased greaseproof paper -fold in pleat.
15) Then cover with square of kitchen foil.
16) Steam quickly for 1 hour, turn out to cook on both side.
17) Serve with gravy and green beans.