Angel Food Mold
|Gelatin envelope||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
|Whipping cream||1 Pint, whipped|
|Angel food cake/Vanilla sponge||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Bits)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
|Strawberries||3 (To Decorate)|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Soak the gelatin in cold milk and allow if to soften.
3. In the mean time prepare a double boiler pan by setting a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water over a medium low flame and allow water to simmer.
4. In a large bowl that fits over the double boiler, combine the sugar and egg yolks and lightly whisk to blend but do not froth.
5. Cook, stirring frequently until thick.
6. Add milk with gelatin to the egg mixture and blend well.
7. Stir in the vanilla and allow the custard to cool, stirring frequently.
8. Gently fold in the egg whites to make the pudding light and fluffy.
9. Line a large pudding or Charlotte mold with the angel food cake pieces.
10. Pour the custard over the cake.
11. Place in the refrigerator to set and chill.
12. Unmould the pudding on a dessert plate.
13. Serve with whipped cream mixed with strawberries and sugar.
14. Serve immediately.
Calories 1553 Calories from Fat 834
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g142.6%
Saturated Fat 57.3 g286.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 456.9 mg152.3%
Sodium 606 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.72%
Sugars 71.6 g
Protein 15 g30.7%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 30.9% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet