|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Citron peel||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Bread slice||8 , diced|
|Orange rind||1 , grated|
|Melted butter||3 Ounce|
1. Grease a form pan or charlotte mold with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 375° F
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugar whisk lightly to combine. Avoid beating.
4. Stir in the milk and blend well.
5. Add the citron peel and raisins and mix well.
6. In the greased pan arrange the bread dices.
7. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle the orange rind.
8. Pour the custard over the bread.
9. Cover the pan with waxed paper.
10. Place the pan in a hot water bath (Baine Marie) in the heated oven.
11. Bake for 40 minutes until the custard mixture is soaked by the bread and set.
12. Serve the pudding hot with a hard sauce or serve cold with whipped cream and fresh fruit as accompaniments.