Fresh Pear Crumb Pudding
|Pears||6 , thinly sliced|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 1 1/2 -quart casserole place the pears .
3) Mix the sugar, cinnamon, allspice and lemon juice, then gently toss with the pears.
4) Combine the brown sugar and flour, then cut in 2 tablespoons of the butter until mixture has a breadcrumbs texture.
5) Stir in the nuts and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the pears.
6) Dot with rest of the butter and cover with the fine bread crumbs.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until brown on top and the pears are soft.
8) Serve in a nice plate.