Autumn Fruits with Sloe Gin and Creamy Rice Pudding
|Rice pudding||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, freshly grated|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Evaporated milk||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Cream/Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Brown sugar||4 1⁄2 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Gin||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Blackberries/Elderberries / blueberries / a mix||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Plums||4 , quartered|
1. For making the rice pudding, in a pan add the rice, sugar, nutmeg and milk and let it boil.
2. Reducing the heat let it simmer for 40 minutes such that the rice is tender, stirring occassionally.
3. Add the evaporated milk, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer slowly for another 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
5. Stir in the cream as soon as the rice is cold.
6. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator until set.
7. For making the fruits, into a pan add 200ml water, the vanilla, cloves, bay leaf, brown sugar and orange peel and let it boil.
8. Reduce the heat and let it simmer gently for 7-8 minutes then set aside to infuse and cool.
9. Once the syrup is cold, stir in the sloe gin as per taste and pour over the fruits.
10. Allow it to rest for at least 2 hours covering and stirring occasionally.
8. Top the rice pudding with the fruits and serve chilled.