Chocolate Bread Pudding
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Meats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 , beaten|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Prepare a double boiler pan by setting a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water over a medium low flame.
3. In a mixing bowl that fits over the double boiler, combine the chocolate and butter.
4. Place the bowl over the double boiler, and melt the chocolate into a smooth thick sauce.
5. Stir in the sugar, salt and egg yolks and milk, and cook for, stirring constantly until thick.
6. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the bread crumbs, vanilla and nut meats. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
7. When the mixture is slightly cooled, fold in the egg whites.
8. Pour the mixture into a buttered pudding mold
9. Steam the pudding for 25 to 30 minutes in a steamer or in a cooker
10. Remove pudding from the steamer and allow it to cool slightly.
11. Serve the pudding hot or cold.
12. This pudding tastes wonderful when served whipped cream or butter sauce.