|White bread||8 Ounce|
|Currants||1 1⁄3 Ounce, mixed|
|Raisins||1 1⁄3 Ounce, mixed|
|Sultanas||1 1⁄3 Ounce, mixed|
|Chopped mixed peel||2 Ounce|
|Suet||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Demerara sugar||2 Ounce|
|Mixed spice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled), ground|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Cut off the crusts from the bread and tear it into pieces. Put them in a bowl.
3) Pour milk in the bowl and the bread soak for about 30 minutes.
4) Use fingers to break any lumps in the bowl of bread and milk and then stir in sugar, spice, suet, peel, and fruit. Blend well.
5) Now, whisk in eggs and pour the pudding mixture in a 1 1/2 pint buttered dish or a rigid foil container.
6) Place the dish in preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until set.
7) Serve warm.