Yorkshire Season Pudding
|Boiling milk||1⁄4 Pint|
|Stale bread||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Dried sage||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato gravy/Rich gravy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) In 2 oz. fat, sauté onion gently for 3 minutes.
3) In a mixing bowl, mix bread with milk and mash well.
4) Stir in onion and fat from pan.
5) Season with salt and pepper and then mix in eggs until they reach a stiff stage.
6) In a shallow Yorkshire tin, melt left over fat and pour the mixture.
7) Even the mixture, mark top with fork and apply oil.
8) Brown in the preheated oven for 1-1 1/2 hours on middle shelf.
9) Cut into squares and serve with gravy.