Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
|Cornstarch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla wafers||3 Dozen|
|Bananas||5 , sliced|
1. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt and sugar with 1 cup milk and mix well.
2. Heat the remaining milk and then add to the cornstarch mixture. Heat over medium heat till thick and then reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla. Cool.
4. In a large glass dish, alternate layers of vanilla wafers, bananas and pudding and set aside to chill.
5. Top with whipped cream and serve chilled