|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Grease a 2 quart baking dish or pudding mold with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
4. Stir sugar into the milk and add too the flour gradually, blending into a smooth batter.
5. Fold in the raisings.
6. Pour into the prepared mold.
7. In a saucepan combine the sugar and hot water.
8. Bring to a boil until the sugar melts to make a syrup.
9. Slide in the butter and stir well.
10. Immediately pour the sauce over the pudding and place the dish in the preheated oven.
11. Bake for almost 45 minutes until the pudding is cooked though and the crust is nicely caramelized.
12. Take the baking dish straight to the table.
13. Serve warm with a custard sauce if you like.