|Powdered sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Strong cold coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lady fingers||1 Dozen|
|Shredded toasted almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Line a shallow flat bottomed oblong pie pan with waxed paper.
3. Slit the lady fingers lengthwise into half.
4. Stir the rum into the coffee.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter and beat with a wire whisk or and electric mixer until mixture is soft and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolks and beat until well blended in the creamed mixture.
3. Make a layer of ladyfingers to line the bottom of the pan.
4. Sprinkle some of the coffee-rum concoction over the fingers to moisten and flavor them.
5. Spoon cream to cover the fingers.
6. Repeat the layering ending with a layer of ladyfingers.
7. Place the dish in the refrigerator and chill overnight.
8. Unmould the pudding from the pan.
9. Slice into equal size pieces.
10. Garnish with toasted almonds
11. Use a pastry slicer to serve onto individual plates.