Rhubarb Pudding with Custard Cream
|Rhubarb||2 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Slice the rhubarb into ¾ -inch pieces.
2. Take a saucepan and add sugar, rind, rhubarb and ½ cup water.
3. Boil the mixture, and cook over low heat for some time. Don’t cover the mixture until rhubarb turns soft. It takes about 10 minutes to cook the fresh rhubarb and 3 minutes to cook frozen rhubarb.
4. Add more sugar for taste.
5. Take a bowl of ¼ cup cold water and mix it with cornstarch and add this mixture to rhubarb. Stir the mixture well.
6. Cook the mixture over medium heat until it thickens becomes clear then let it bubble for another 3 minutes.
7. When done take off from heat and add vanilla. Stir the mixture properly.
8. Cover and refrigerate the mixture after transferring it to the serving bowl.
9. Prepare a sauce by combining salt, sugar and cornstarch in a heavy non-aluminum saucepan or double boiler.
10. Add cream and milk and stir it well.
11. Cook the mixture over medium heat and cook it for another 5 minutes by lowering the heat until the mixture gets thick.
12. Beat eggs and add about ¼ cup hot mixture into yolks.
13. Whisk the hot milk mixture with the yolk mixture and cook over low heat for about 2 minutes. Continue stirring the mixture until it attains the sauce consistency.
14. When done remove from heat and add vanilla and freshly grated nutmeg to it. Stir the ingredients well.
15. Cover and chill the mixture until required.
16. Serve after pouring custard cream over the rhubarb.