|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Grease a baking dish or individual pudding dishes with butter.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter and beat with a wire whisk or and electric mixer until mixture is soft and creamy.
5. Add the egg yolks, one at a time and beat to blend in.
6. Fold in the flour
7. Add the lemon juice, rind and milk and stir in to a smooth mixture.
8. Gently fold in the egg whites to make the pudding light and fluffy.
9. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and place in a pan of hot water in the preheated oven.
10. Bake pudding for 2 hours minutes until the crust is golden brown.
11. Serve the pudding warm or cold
12. Spoon directly from the baking dish into bowls and serve plain or top with whipped cream if you like.
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.4 mg50.8%
Sodium 69 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 70.9 g
Protein 7 g15%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet