|Cubed dry bread||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomato puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
2. Butter a casserole dish.
3. In a saucepan, combine tomato puree, water, brown sugar, salt and curry powder.
4. Place on a medium flame and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes then take pan off the heat.
6. In the buttered casserole, layer the bread.
7. Generously drizzle with butter.
8. Pour the tomato sauce over the bread and allow them to soak
9. Place the dish in a pan of hot water in the preheated oven.
10. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until you get a nice crispy brown crust.
11. Take the dish straight from the oven to the table and enjoy the pudding hot.
Calories 682 Calories from Fat 401
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.6%
Saturated Fat 27.8 g139%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 131.2 mg43.7%
Sodium 431.1 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 57.5 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 20.1%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet