Fruit & Nut Christmas Pudding Loaf
|Mixed dried fruit||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Glace cherries||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Bramley apple||6 Ounce, grated (175 Gram)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Butter||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Dark muscovado sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Self rising flour||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|White breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Golden syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Mixed spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Toasted hazelnuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Dark muscovado sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Golden syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Toasted hazelnuts||1 Ounce, blanched (25 Gram)|
1. Put the dried fruit, cherries, apple, zests, apple juice, brandy and Cointreau in a large bowl. Microwave on High for 1 min, then leave to soak overnight.
2. Butter and line a 2lb loaf tin with a strip of non-stick baking paper. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the kettle on to boil and have a roasting tin, plus a sheet of buttered foil, ready.
3. Beat the butter and sugar together until it turns a little paler, then stir in the eggs, flour, breadcrumbs, syrup, spices, salt, soaked fruit and the nuts. Spoon into the loaf tin and smooth the top. Scrunch the foil loosely over the tin, twisting corners to tighten it around the tin's edges. Sit it in the roasting tin, then pour in a few cms of boiling water. carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 40 mins.
4. After 40 mins, turn down the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3 and cook for another 1 1/2 hrs, topping up the water level every now and again.
5. To reheat the pudding, either return it to a medium oven for 30 mins in its tin, or turn out onto a serving plate, cover loosely with cling film and microwave for 5 mins on Medium. For the topping, gently heat the butter, sugar and syrup together until the sugar dissolves, stir in the brandy, then tip in the nuts and fruit. Spoon over the hot pudding and dust with a little icing sugar, if you like.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6170 Calories from Fat 3432
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 384 g591.5%
Saturated Fat 137.7 g688.6%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 849.7 mg283.2%
Sodium 4281.3 mg178.4%
Total Carbohydrates 542 g180.8%
Dietary Fiber 71.5 g285.9%
Sugars 310 g
Protein 156 g312%
Vitamin A 150.7% Vitamin C 101.7%
Calcium 65.4% Iron 148%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet