|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Currants||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Dried figs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Citron||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped fine|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt/Salt substitute||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Suet||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground (Put Through Meat Grinder)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease a 1-1 ½ quart mold with oil or unsalted butter.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the dried fruits, nuts and fruit peel and dredge with flour. Keep aside for later use.
3. Use a large clean glass bowl.
4. In the bowl sift together the flour, salt, soda and spices.
5. To the sifted dry ingredients, add the sour milk and molasses and stir using a wooden spoon.
6. Work in the ground suet.
7. Add the dredged dried fruits and nuts and bring together to form a stiff dough.
8. Transfer the mixture into the greased mold
9. Use the back of the spoon to evenly spread and level the dough in the mold.
10. Cover the mold with foil
11. Steam the pudding for 3 hours; until the pudding is cooked a knife when pierced comes out clean.
12. Remove from steamer and cool slightly before serving.
13. To serve, unmold the pudding on serving plate and
14. Serve warm with custard sauce or caramel sauce.
Calories 1037 Calories from Fat 457
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.4%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.2 mg9.1%
Sodium 621.8 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 80.8 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 31.9% Iron 36.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet