Chickasaw Corn Pudding
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ears of corn/3 cups frozen whole kernel corn, cooked according to package directions||6 Medium (Cooked)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (Divided)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take a large bowl and beat eggs. Add baking powder and light cream, stir well and keep aside.
3. Separate corn kernels from cobs for making 3 cups and keep aside.
4. Take a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, add 4 tbsp butter and melt.
5. Add flour and sugar and stir till smooth. Take off from fire.
6. Add the prepare egg mixture to flour and sugar slowly, stirring continuously till it turns smooth.
7. Mix the corn and stir thoroughly.
8. Take a 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole, grease well and transfer the corn mixture into it.
9. In the preheated oven, bake for about 30 t0 40 minutes or till the pudding sets.
10. Drizzle melted 2 tbsp butter on pudding.
11. Top pudding with cinnamon and brown sugar.
12. Bake for about 5 more minutes or till sugar melts completely.
13. Serve hot.