Chickasaw Corn Pudding
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ears of corn/3 cups frozen whole kernel corn, cooked according to package directions||6 Medium (Cooked)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (Divided)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take a large bowl and beat eggs. Add baking powder and light cream, stir well and keep aside.
3. Separate corn kernels from cobs for making 3 cups and keep aside.
4. Take a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, add 4 tbsp butter and melt.
5. Add flour and sugar and stir till smooth. Take off from fire.
6. Add the prepare egg mixture to flour and sugar slowly, stirring continuously till it turns smooth.
7. Mix the corn and stir thoroughly.
8. Take a 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole, grease well and transfer the corn mixture into it.
9. In the preheated oven, bake for about 30 t0 40 minutes or till the pudding sets.
10. Drizzle melted 2 tbsp butter on pudding.
11. Top pudding with cinnamon and brown sugar.
12. Bake for about 5 more minutes or till sugar melts completely.
13. Serve hot.
Calories 582 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.4 mg65.1%
Sodium 169.7 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.5%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 16 g31.4%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C 38.3%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet