Peanut Butter Pudding Cake
|Crunchy peanut butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Orange||1 , peel grated finely|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
|For vanilla sauce|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease a 9-inch pie plate with the vegetable shortening.
3) Sift the baking powder and flour together and keep aside.
4) Cream the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter and orange peel together. Individually beat in the eggs.
5) Stir in the sifted flour mixture and orange juice alternately. Then stir in the milk and pour into the prepared pie plate and level the surface.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until just firm in the center.
7) In a heavy-based saucepan mix the butter, cornstarch and sugar.
8) Stir in the milk gradually, then beat continuously and bring to a slow boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
9) Lastly stir in the vanilla extract to taste.
10) Serve immediately with the hot pudding cake on a nice plate.